The 13th International UIC Sustainability Conference, jointly organised by the International Union of Railways (UIC) and Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB) will take place in Vienna at the famous Hofburg International Congress and Event Centre on 12-14 October 2016.
The programme will examine both the contribution that rail can make towards delivering the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda and also how sustainability can give rail a competitive advantage.
On 12 October, confirmed speakers include
• Andreas Matthä, CEO, Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB)
• Franz Seiser, CEO, Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB INFRA)
• Jean-Pierre Loubinoux, Director General, International Union of Railways (UIC)
• Yves Desjardins-Siciliano, President and Director General, VIA Rail Canada, Chairman of UIC North American Region (NARA)
• Michail Stahlhut, CEO, Swiss Federal Railways (SBB Cargo International AG)
• Kamel Ben Naceur, Director of Sustainable Energy Policy and Technology, International Energy Agency (IEA)
• Rajesh Sethi, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
• Gireesh Shrimali, Climate Policy Initiative
• Johann Pluy, Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB INFRA)
• Eddy Liégois, DG MOVE, Head of Unit, European Commission
• Andreas Gehlhaar, Head of Environmental Affairs, German Railways (Deutsche Bahn)
• Márton Feldmann, CEO, Hungarian Railways (MÁV-START)
The conference will include a number of dedicated workshops addressing key sustainability issues on 13 October, including:
- Carbon footprint in railways: integrated scope and innovative tools
- Weather resilience and climate change adaptation
- Emissions and air quality: which framework?
- Digital communication and energy efficiency in railways: driving, metering, and billing
- Energy efficiency projects: potential improvements for mid and long term GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) G4 reporting: challenges for rail sector
- Railway noise in the Common Noise Assessment Methods in Europe (CNOSSOS-EU)
- Sustainable procurement in the rail sector: taking larger strides and leapfrogging along the sustainability path
- Door to door business solutions
- Sustainable and smart stations and infrastructures
- Sustainable tourism (Toprail)
- Biodiversity: preventing decline & benefits of effective stakeholders management
- Recyclability of rolling stocks
- Environmental management for maintenance activities
Technical visit on 14 October
This visit will take place in the new Rail Freight Centre South Vienna. Click here for more information
Participants are also invited to join a visit of the cultural highlights of Vienna.
Only registered participants can attend.
UIC Sustainability Champion Award
An award will be delivered for a project highlighting recent achievements in the field of railway sustainability. More information is available here.
The programme is available on the dedicated website and is regularly updated
Attending this event is free of charge but registration is mandatory; however places are strictly limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
For further information please contact Marie-Luz Philippe, Advisor for Sustainable Development, UIC Sustainable Development Unit: firstname.lastname@example.org
UIC Communications Department: email@example.com
Если Вы заметили ошибку, выделите, пожалуйста, необходимый текст и нажмите Ctrl+Enter, чтобы сообщить об этом редактору.